The Technical Management Division (T.M.D.)
The TMD is the technical wing of the Department having a full-time dedicated manpower at the Directorate of Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs and at all Districts and Subdivisions. The team directly reports to the Director of Food Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs and oversees all the technical requirements for the implementation of Central/State schemes. The Team comprises of personnel with technical expertise, experience and knowledge on computerisation of PDS, and other related schemes. The Team focuses on Project Management, Change Management, Financial Management and Technology Management.
The primary responsibilities of the Team are as follows:
- The Technical Management Division is responsible for overall project management, IT Operations and Management, Risk Management and Management of the IT-initiatives of the Department.
- The Team reports on the broad progress of projects/schemes on a regular basis.
- The TMD coordinates with the concerned Departments including Information Technology & Communication and NIC for technical operations, issues, standardisation and other pertinent issues on a regular basis and seek interventions in the form of research, expert opinion and advice as and when the need arises.
- The Team monitors the collection and seeding of mobile number, Aadhaar number and bank details of beneficiaries in the PDS database for effective implementation.
- The Team undertakes regular updation of Ration Card, wholesaler and FPS data through online application in all Districts and Subdivisions.
- One key responsibility of the Team is addressing complaints received on 1967 (call centre) and redress those grievances from the citizens.
The Team has been tasked to digitise various schemes as and when mandated.